The first thing I want you to understand is that “there are no menial jobs, only menial minds”! No job is menial. It is only the minds of people who hate starting small that are menial, and not the job. The way to the TOP is down, and you must understand that. Be humble, disciplined, dedicated and committed to anything that your hand finds doing. Do not despise the days of later beginnings, because such days end up in greater celebrations if you don’t look down on where you are coming from! Every successful venture and individual you see today started from somewhere; they started small and encountered so many challenges along the way, but they never stopped trying even when they failed, and today you want to be like them. But you must understand that it is important that you believe in yourself first. Trust wholly in God, and trust Him with your dreams, that they will come through. And you must understand that, there will be no blessing if you don’t plan and prepare for the future that awaits you. You will encounter so many challenges and setbacks on the way; but you must not give in and give up. You must be strong to grow through the challenges, live though them, get through them and come out stronger. The challenges you may face are not permanent but temporary. They are not there to destroy you or break you. But they arise to make you stronger and bring out the best in you. Don’t ever give up. Be a hard worker. Hard work does not kill, laziness does!
TIPS TO HANDLING JOB SEARCH AND GETTING MORE FROM LIFE
- BE A PLANNER: When preparation meets with opportunity, success is bound to happen. It is better for you to prepare for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared. The future will only get better if you actively plan, pray and prepare for it. You can hope, it’s good; but the future does not get better just by hoping and wishing that life will cut you some break. Life will not cut you any break if you don’t wake up now and start to plan your future. You cannot guarantee what will happen tomorrow, but you can control and direct how it should turn out with your plans and preparation for your unfolding future. So be a planner!
- BE A READER: Readers are leaders you may have heard; but how much do you read and what do you even read? Don’t see graduation from school as an end to reading and investing in your mind. Otherwise you will be a walking dead. If you don’t read good books and invest in your mind, your mind will continue to produce the result that you do not want in your life. Remember that your mind is like the soil, it is what you put in it that it will give back to you in If you put in bad stuff, it will produce bad stuffs. But if you put in good stuffs, it will produce good results in abundance. Be a reader and read and think on good things.
- BECOME VALUABLE: You only get paid more when you become valuable. It takes time to become valuable but you don’t get paid for time. You get paid based on the value you add to the job. It is important for you to strive to become valuable than successful, for it is in becoming valuable that you remain successful. If you only become successful and not valuable, a time will come when the company will have no use of you because someone more valuable than you showed up. So don’t give the company or your employer that opportunity to think that you are replaceable. Become valuable in your craft; and you will remain irreplaceable over a longer period of time. This will buy you some time to recruit resources and start your own business on the sideline in case the company goes bankrupt or you are finally set aside. Become valuable through multi-skill acquisition, gift discovery and self discovery and self mastery.
- DISCOVER & REFINE YOUR GIFT: What is your gift? Do you have a gift? Have you discovered your gift yet? Are you still having difficulty discovering your gift? What were you born to do here? Your life is God’s gift to you, and what you do with it is your gift back to God Almighty. What are you now doing with your life? Once you discover your gift, men will pay to see you. They will pay you to serve them. It is your gift that brings you before great men. Your job can never bring you to great men or kings, it is your gift / potential that brings you before kings. While your job determines how much you can make; your gift / potentials tells you to make how much you want? So it is important that you discover your gift/potential, refine it, grow it, and then serve it to mankind; and your pocket will be filled with all good things of life. Your gift when discovered can be refined when you give yourself to work. No job is menial. It is people that have menial minds. Start from somewhere and keep moving. What is important is what you are learning and becoming through the process, and not the pay.
- BE A DREAMER: I want you to know that you must start now to DREAM BIG about your future. If you must dream, always dream big. There is no point in dreaming small, why waste the energy and time dreaming small? DREAM BIG! Don’t look at your background and think that you will remain the way you are. Change the way you think. What is your dream for your better future? As you dream and have a dream for your better tomorrow, I want you to protect your dream from dream stealers. Mind your associations and the type of company that you keep because they could be the killers and stealers of your dream. Associations are contagious; make sure you keep the good one! Stop hanging out or around people who are not going anywhere. Hang out with people who make you think and bring out the best in you. Stop hanging around people who you are pressured to always impress. It’s important that you stop living a lie and be real with yourself. And I want you to know that people don’t like to change; and the moment that you try to change anything in your life, like doing away with some negative and toxic friends in order, in order to build your desired future, enemies will automatically be created. Don’t be bothered by that because it is expected. People will always want you to remain the way you are because it makes them comfortable at your own detriment. Be a dreamer and DREAM BIG!
- THINK ON PAPER: As you look towards the future, and believe for a better tomorrow, it is important that you be a “thinker on paper”. Being a thinker on paper simply means that you become active in bringing your ideas to reality. The work is half done once you write your dreams down on a book. And don’t be afraid about what you wrote down even though they may be big and many. Any idea that only exists in the mind cannot be transformed into wealth. Have a journal or book where you document your plans for the next 1, 2, 5, 10 or 20 years. Form the habit of writing your goals and visions down; that way, you set them in motion and become active in their achievement. Think on paper!
- STAND UP WHEN YOU FAIL/FALL & BEGIN AGAIN: Now, when you do all this and wait for result, I want you to know that sometimes it will not turn out the way that you expected. You will sure fail and fall along the way, but don’t ever think of giving up, because it is only quitters that quits. WINNERS NEVER QUIT! When you fail or fall, you will learn; and that is what failing or falling teaches. Failing teaches you how things should be done or how they shouldn’t be done. It helps you to grow and learn. If the inventors of the many technological advancements that we are now enjoying gave up on the first time that they failed, or even the 100th time that they failed, their inventions would not have seen the light of the day; and maybe no one would have been making use of their inventions today. So don’t give up when you encounter challenges, just keep going, for if you do, you will win in the end. Fall/fail 7 times, bounce back 7 times X 2, and keep moving!
This write up is part of a book that I have written to help young people everywhere in the world to succeed and become valuable. The book is now with the press, and will be published soon. Life in the classroom is different from the real life outside school, and you must understand that and know it. It is my desire to see that you succeed and live your dream even as you continue to experience abundance in every area of your life. Check out the book (“STREET SMART BOOK SMART”) on Amazon.com or contact us to order your copy once it is released! Your success is my happiness! You can also get the book from Amazon by clicking here.