How to apply
Deadline for applications 23.59(UK time) 01/05/2020
• Applicants MUST first apply for a relevant taught programme of study and be in receipt of a Student Application Number to be eligible for a Snowdon Trust Leeds Scholarship. Applications without a valid Student Application Number will be rejected.
• These awards are only available to nationals from the UK and EU and are not open to applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the International fee rate;
• Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree. Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
• Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements by September 2020. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds.
• Once you are in receipt of your Student Application ID complete the online application form.
• Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application until the outcome is known.
How are the scholarships awarded?
Each School selects a shortlist of applicants who they wish to recommend for the award. The University of Leeds sends forward its shortlist of nominated applicants to the Snowdon Trust, which then determines the final list of awards. Applicants may be required to provide a personal reference, academic reference and medical evidence at the appropriate time. Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application in June 2020. The University will use the data provided in the application form for internal selection and statistical purposes and publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
The Snowdon Trust supports people with physical difficulties or sensory impairments to study in the UK.
• Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship
• These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded or are currently studying for a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification.
• These awards may not be held concurrently with a Leeds Masters Scholarships Scheme award
Candidates for a Mastership by Research are ineligible to apply.
Partner institute (url)
How to apply