The University of Hawaiʻi offers a variety of scholarship opportunities and grants to regular students attending any of the ten UH campuses. Scholarships available include need and merit-based awards, scholarships based on specific majors, preference for geographic location, campus and other unique criteria. Within the UH System, students can apply for UH System Scholarships, campus scholarships, as well as scholarships that vary by campus department. Since campuses vary, students are encouraged to begin by looking at their home campus financial aid office website for more information.
Information here is regarding the UH System Common Scholarship Application. To learn about application processes for other scholarships available through your campus, please return back to the scholarship homepage, and click on your intended home campus’ link so that you may look through all applications that might be available to you.
A large portion of the scholarships available through this application are funded by UH Foundation donors. However, there are other small system and campus scholarships that utilize this application. Students are encouraged to apply annually. This application is used for students interested in applying for:
- Campus-specific scholarships (excluding UH Mānoa scholarships administered by department or the UH Mānoa Financial Aid Office)
- UH Community Colleges Scholarships (available through the Office of the Vice President for Community Colleges)
- UH System Scholarships (Awarded by the UH System Financial Aid Office)
- UH Mānoa New Warrior & Presidential Scholarships (e.g. Provost Achievement, Regents, Mānoa Excellence, and Mānoa International Excellence Scholarships)
Before starting your application, review the application requirements and other important information located on this website
The UH System Common Scholarship Application is generally made up of the following components:
- Personal Statement
- Community Service Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Completion of a FAFSA
- Campus specific questions and requirements
The online UH System Common Scholarship Application (hosted by NextGen Web Solutions) has a security feature that causes the application to time out after 45 minutes. It is highly recommended that you prepare your personal statement and essays ahead of time and copy and paste them into the application.
You may save and continue your application any time before submission, but once you submit your application you will be unable to return to make changes.
Click each drop down below to learn more.
The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all materials, including transcripts and letters of recommendation, are submitted no later than the deadlines listed. Failure to have all materials submitted by the specified deadlines will result in an incomplete application.
- March 2, 2020 at 4 p.m. (HST): UH System Common Scholarship Application submitted through Scholarship Manager.
- March 2, 2020 (postmarked): Deadline to upload or have your high school/college transcript(s) mailed directly to:
University of Hawaiʻi
Office of Student Affairs
ATTN: UH System Scholarship Office
2444 Dole Street
Bachman Annex 9 – Room 6
Honolulu, HI 96822
- March 9, 2020 at 4 p.m. (HST): Letters of Recommendations completed/submitted through Scholarship Manager
**UH Mānoa New Warrior & Presidential Scholarship applicants have earlier deadlines. Please refer to their website for more information.**
Have a question about UH System Scholarships? Please contact the UH System Scholarship Office at email@example.com