Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is the Founder of www.MicroDok.com, a global online microbiology website. MicroDok.com is Africa’s and Nigeria’s largest and number 1 microbiology website for academic and research resources for students, researchers and tutors alike. Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu was selected for membership in the Global Young Academy (GYA), Germany for a period of 5 years beginning June 2020.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a MIF Research Fellow. He had postdoctoral training on HIV-1 reservoir and cure research at the Laboratory of Infectious Disease Model, Institute for Frontier Life and Medical Sciences, cum Centre for Human Evolution Modeling Research, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan in 2018.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a Pharmaceutical Microbiologist and holds a Degree in Applied Microbiology from Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria; and a Masters Degree and PhD in Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria. Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is an international scholar and researcher that have researched ad nauseam on antibiotic resistance; and he has also won several academic awards and grants across the globe.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a tutor with Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria. He joined the Department of Applied Microbiology in the fall of 2014, where he enjoys working closely with undergraduate students to help them develop their own passions for microbiology, research, teaching and other aspects of life. Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is also an Adjunct Senior Lecturer with the Department of Microbiology, Coal City University, Enugu. His areas of research interest include antimicrobial resistance, infectious diseases, novel drug discovery, HIV-1, bacteriology, virology.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu has co-authored a plethora of original research papers in international peer reviewed open-access journals. He developed www.microdok.com to help microbiology enthusiasts, students, teachers and other microbiology lovers across the globe to have free online access to microbiology topics, health news, microbiology notes, and other academic resources and materials for self discovery and professional development.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a member of the Global Young Academy (GYA), Nigerian Society of Microbiology (NSM), American Society of Microbiology (ASM), European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID), Asian Council of Science Editors (ACSE), and an Associate Member of Microbiology Society, Scotland, UK. He is also a reviewer and editorial board member for many international journals. Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is the Assistant Editor-in-Chief I of the Science Journal, an institutional journal of the Faculty of Science, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a passionate Development Knowledge Facilitator (DKF), Trainer, Teacher and Drummer. He believes that education is for empowerment and emancipation of the mind from mental slavery and imprisonment, and not merely for employment. To this end, Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu wrote a book titled: “Street Smart Book Smart” published on Amazon.com to help young people everywhere balance the attitude and skills of the classroom and that of the society in order to become a valuable personality in the real world.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu has written and contributed to several book chapters including “Lichen Secondary Metabolites as Possible Antiviral Agents”. He has a flare for teaching, research, community development and student empowerment, which was why he founded and developed www.MicroDok.com, an online microbiology website that is helping microbiology students and enthusiasts from across the world. Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu has researched extensively on investigating the environmental occurrence and phenotypic and genotypic characteristics of multidrug resistant bacteria.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu’s online portfolio and some of his publications can be accessed from the following links:
- ORCID: https://bit.ly/2PcAsTe
- LiveDNA ID: https://bit.ly/2MpQUx6
- Google Scholar ID: https://bit.ly/30kBHRp
- ResearchGate ID: https://bit.ly/2MqsK5F
AWARDS / GRANTS / SCHOLARSHIPS / HONOURS
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu has received the following Awards / Grants:
- DAAD Fellowship ‘Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists’ Award 2020, tenable at Department of Materials and Environment, Division Biodeterioration and Reference Organisms (4.1), Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM), Berlin, Germany.
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Travel Grant.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grant to attend the 8th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS 2019), Glasgow, Scotland (July 7 – July 11, 2019).
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Global Health Travel Award for the X7/X8 HIV Vaccines conference, tenable at Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada (March 24 – March 28, 2019).
- Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award, tenable at Laboratory of Infectious Disease Model, Institute for Frontier Life and Medical Sciences, cum Center for Human Evolution Modeling, Primate Research Institute (PRI), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan (April, 2018 – October, 2018).
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Grant-Seed Award. This grant seed was part of an institutional building capacity of researchers in Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria to carry out research in their areas of specialization under the sponsorship of TETFund (June, 2017 – March, 2018).
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Award of Excellence, presented by the Senior Special Assistant to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as the Best Corps member in the North-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria, and in recognition of his outstanding performance as a Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Advocate in Kaduna State, Nigeria during the 2009/2010 Batch ‘B’ Service Year.
MicroDok.com is a global online microbiology website working to help microbiology students and enthusiasts stay on top of their chosen profession in microbiology. From developing scintillating microbiology notes to helping students and tutors, we are committed to improving and sustaining the academic and professional well-being of our users around the globe!
Once again, Welcome to www.microdok.com, your Number 1 Microbiology Website!
Please drop by and say hello to the microbial world.
MicroDok will be waiting to hear from you. Enjoy!!!
To make the best quality lecture notes in all areas of microbiology, & keep our website users up to date & informed with scintillating microbiology discoveries, news, resources & other information for self and professional development.