Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is Founder and Digital Content Developer at www.microdok.com. He was recently selected for membership in the Global Young Academy (GYA), Germany for a period of 5 years beginning June 2020.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a MIF Research Fellow. He had postdoctoral training on HIV-1 reservoir and cure at the Laboratory of Infectious Disease Model, Institute for Frontier Life and Medical Sciences, cum Centre for Human Evolution Modeling Research, Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan in 2018.
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a Pharmaceutical Microbiologist and holds a Degree in Applied Microbiology from Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria; and a Masters Degree and Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria. He is the founder of MicroDok.com. Dr. Ejikeugwu is an international scholar and researcher that have researched ad nauseam on antibiotic resistance; and he has also won several academic awards and grants across the globe.
Dr. Ejikeugwu is a tutor with the Department of Applied Microbiology, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria. In addition, he has co-authored a plethora of original research papers in internationally peer reviewed journals. Dr. Ejikeugwu developed www.microdok.com to help microbiology enthusiasts, students, teachers and other microbiology lovers across the globe to have free online access to microbiology Topics, News, Notes, and other academic opportunities and scholarships for self discovery and development.
Dr. Ejikeugwu is a member of the Global Young Academy (GYA), Nigerian Society of Microbiology (NSM), American Society of Microbiology (ASM), European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID), Asian Council of Science Editors (ACSE), and an Associate Member of Microbiology Society, Scotland, UK. He is also a reviewer and editorial member for many international journals. Dr. Ejikeugwu is a passionate Development Knowledge Facilitator (DKF), Trainer & Drummer. Dr. Ejikeugwu believes that education is for empowerment and emancipation of the mind from mental slavery and imprisonment, and not for employment. He has written a book titled: “Street Smart Book Smart” published on Amazon.com to help young people everywhere balance the attitude and skills of the classroom and that of the society in order to become a valuable personality in the real world.
Dr. Ejikeugwu has written and contributed to several book chapters including “Lichen Secondary Metabolites as Possible Antiviral Agents”. He has a flare for teaching, research, community development and student empowerment, which was why he founded and developed www.MicroDok.com, an online microbiology website that is helping microbiology students and enthusiasts from across the world. Dr. Ejikeugwu has researched extensively on investigating the environmental occurrence and phenotypic and genotypic characteristics of multidrug resistant bacteria.
Dr. Ejikeugwu’s online portfolio and some of his publications can be accessed from the following links:
- ORCID: https://bit.ly/2PcAsTe
- LiveDNA ID: https://bit.ly/2MpQUx6
- Google Scholar ID: https://bit.ly/30kBHRp
- ResearchGate ID: https://bit.ly/2MqsK5F
AWARDS / GRANTS / SCHOLARSHIPS / HONOURS
Dr. Ejikeugwu has received the following Awards / Grants:
- 2019 Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Sponsorship to attend the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) 2020 Scientific Conference, tenable at Chicago, Illinois, USA (18th – 22nd June, 2020).
- 2019 Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grant to attend the 8th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS 2019), 7-11 July 2019, Glasgow, Scotland (July 7 – July 11, 2019).
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Global Health Travel Award for the X7/X8 HIV Vaccines conference, tenable at Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada (March 24 – March 28, 2019).
- Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award, tenable at Laboratory of Infectious Disease Model, Institute for Frontier Life and Medical Sciences, cum Center for Human Evolution Modeling, Primate Research Institute (PRI), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan (April, 2018 – October, 2018).
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Award of Excellence, presented by the Senior Special Assistant to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as the Best Corps member in the North-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria, and in recognition of his outstanding performance as a Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Advocate in Kaduna State, Nigeria during the 2009/2010 Batch ‘B’ Service Year.
Once again, Welcome to www.microdok.com, your Number 1 Microbiology website!
Please drop by and say hello to the microbial world.
MicroDok will be waiting to hear from you. Enjoy!!!