Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is Founder and Digital Content Developer at www.microdok.com
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a Pharmaceutical Microbiologist and holds a Degree in Applied Microbiology from Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria. He also holds a Masters Degree and Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology, from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria. He is the founder of MicroDok.com.
Dr. Ejikeugwu is a tutor with the Department of Applied Microbiology, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria. In addition, he has co-authored a plethora of original research papers in internationally peer reviewed (open access) journals. Dr. Ejikeugwu developed www.microdok.com to help microbiology enthusiasts, students, teachers and other microbiology lovers across the globe to have free online access to microbiology Topics, News, Notes, and other academic opportunities and scholarships for self discovery and development.
Dr. Ejikeugwu is a member of the Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM), American Society for Microbiology (ASM), European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID), Asian Council of Science Editors (ACSE), and an Associate Member of Microbiology Society, Scotland, UK. He is also a reviewer and editorial member for many international journals. Dr. Ejikeugwu is a passionate Development Knowledge Facilitator (DKF), Trainer, Writer, Blogger & Drummer.
Dr. Ejikeugwu has written and contributed to several book chapters including “Lichen Secondary Metabolites as Possible Antiviral Agents”. He has a flare for teaching, research and student empowerment, which was why he founded and developed www.MicroDok.com, an online microbiology website that is helping microbiology students and enthusiasts from across the world.
Dr. Ejikeugwu’s online portfolio and some of his publications can be accessed from the following links:
- ORCID: https://bit.ly/2PcAsTe
- LiveDNA: https://bit.ly/2MpQUx6
- Google Scholar: https://bit.ly/30kBHRp
- ResearchGate: https://bit.ly/2MqsK5F
AWARDS / GRANTS
Dr. Ejikeugwu has received the following Awards / Grants / Recognition’s:
- 2019 Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Sponsorship to attend the 2020 American Society for Microbiology (ASM) scientific conference, tenable at Chicago, Illinois, USA (18th – 22nd June, 2020).
- 2019 Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grant to attend the 8th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS 2019), 7-11 July 2019, Glasgow, Scotland (July 7 – July 11, 2019).
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Global Health Travel Award for the X7/X8 HIV Vaccines conference, tenable at Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada (March 24 – March 28, 2019).
- Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award, tenable at Laboratory of Infectious Disease Model, Institute for Frontier Life and Medical Sciences, cum Center for Human Evolution Modeling, Primate Research Institute (PRI), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan (April, 2018 – October, 2018).
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Award of Excellence, presented by the Senior Special Assistant to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as the Best Corps member in the North-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria, and in recognition of his outstanding performance as a Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Advocate in Kaduna State, Nigeria during the 2009/2010 Batch ‘B’ Service Year.
Once again, Welcome to www.microdok.com, your Number 1 Microbiology website!
Please drop by and say hello to the microbial world.
MicroDok will be waiting to hear from you. Enjoy!!!