Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is Founder and Digital Content Developer at www.microdok.com
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu is a Pharmaceutical Microbiologist and holds a Degree in Applied Microbiology from Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria. He also holds a Masters Degree and Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology, from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria. He is the founder of MicroDok.com. Since receiving his Ph.D. from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Nigeria in 2017, Dr. Ejikeugwu has worked as a Research Fellow in Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan – where he learnt and developed research skills in the area of HIV–1 research and virology.
Dr. Ejikeugwu is a Tutor & Researcher with the Department of Applied Microbiology, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria. He has published over 100 research papers on antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Dr. Ejikeugwu has also served on the editorial board of some high ranking journals. Dr. Ejikeugwu developed www.microdok.com to help microbiology enthusiasts, students, teachers and other microbiology lovers across the globe to have free online access to microbiology Notes, Textbooks, Topics, News, and other academic opportunities and scholarships for self discovery and development.
Dr. Ejikeugwu is a member of the Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM), American Society for Microbiology (ASM), European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID), Asian Council of Science Editors (ACSE), and an Associate Member of Microbiology Society, Scotland, UK. He is also a reviewer for many international high-ranking journals. Dr. Ejikeugwu is a passionate Development Knowledge Facilitator (DKF), Trainer, Writer, Blogger & Drummer.
Dr. Ejikeugwu has written and contributed to several book chapters including “Lichen Secondary Metabolites as Possible Antiviral Agents” published by Springer International Publishing, Switzerland. He has a flare for teaching, research and student empowerment, which was why he founded and developed www.MicroDok.com, an online microbiology website that is helping microbiology students and enthusiasts from across the world.
Dr. Ejikeugwu has researched extensively on investigating the environmental occurrence and phenotypic and genotypic characteristics of multidrug resistant bacteria. His research interest is on “Antibiotic Resistance, cum Biocide Resistance”. Dr. Ejikeugwu is passionate about youth empowerment, and this is also captured in his style of tutelage. As part of his quest towards youth empowerment and development, Dr. Ejikeugwu has also written a book titled: “Street Smart Book Smart” that’s currently selling on Amazon.com. Dr. Ejikeugwu believes that everyone can become great in life if given the requisite training and opportunity to learn, improve and grow. He posits that: “young people everywhere should know that it is in the power of their hands to shape and make their desired future”. Dr. Ejikeugwu wants young people everywhere to know that “personal development” is the key to doing that.
Dr. Ejikeugwu’s online portfolio and some of his publications can be accessed from the following links:
- ORCID: https://bit.ly/2PcAsTe
- LiveDNA ID: https://bit.ly/2MpQUx6
- Google Scholar ID: https://bit.ly/30kBHRp
- ResearchGate ID: https://bit.ly/2MqsK5F
AWARDS / GRANTS / RECOGNITION’S
Dr. Chika Ejikeugwu has received the following Awards / Grants / Recognition’s:
- 2019 Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Sponsorship to attend the 2020 American Society for Microbiology (ASM) scientific conference, tenable at Chicago, Illinois, USA (18th – 22nd June, 2020).
- 2019 Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Grant to attend the 8th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS 2019), 7-11 July 2019, Glasgow, Scotland (July 7 – July 11, 2019).
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Global Health Travel Award for the X7/X8 HIV Vaccines conference, tenable at Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada (March 24 – March 28, 2019).
- Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award, tenable at Laboratory of Infectious Disease Model, Institute for Frontier Life and Medical Sciences, cum Center for Human Evolution Modeling, Primate Research Institute (PRI), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan (April, 2018 – October, 2018).
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Award of Excellence, presented by the Senior Special Assistant to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as the Best Corps member in the North-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria, and in recognition of his outstanding performance as a Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Advocate in Kaduna State, Nigeria during the 2009/2010 Batch ‘B’ Service Year.
Once again, Welcome to www.microdok.com, your Number 1 Microbiology website!
Please drop by and say hello to the microbial world.
MicroDok will be waiting to hear from you. Enjoy!!!